We inform you below about which personal data we collect from you when you use our website. Personal data is defined as any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’), such as a person’s name, postal address, e-mail address, or user behavior.
Name and Address of the Person Responsible for the Processing of Personal Data (‘Data Controller’) and the Data Protection Officer
Data Controller in accordance with the GDPR
OEKA TECH Automotive GmbH
Phone: +49 951 968230-0
represented by Managing Directors Michael Nier and Stefan Pickel, see Legal Notice.
Data Protection Officer
If you have any questions regarding data protection, please contact our Data Protection Officer:
by e-mail: email@example.com
by postal mail: at the address mentioned above, additionally stating “for the attention of the Data Protection Officer”
Your Rights when Using this Website
You have the right:
- in accordance with Article 15 GDPR to obtain information about the data we store about you when you visit our website;
- in accordance with Article 16 GDPR to obtain without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate personal data or to have incomplete personal data completed;
- in accordance with Article 17 GDPR to obtain the erasure of personal data without undue delay, unless the processing is necessary to comply with a legal obligation, or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- in accordance with Article 7 Paragraph 3 GDPR to withdraw your consent to the processing of your data at any time. As a result, we may no longer continue the processing of data based on this consent. However, the withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on your consent before its withdrawal;
- in accordance with Art. 20 GDPR to receive the personal data which you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, or to request that we transmit this data to another controller;
- in accordance with Article 18 GDPR to obtain restriction of processing. We will restrict processing where one of the prerequisites set out in Article 18 Paragraph 1 GDPR applies;
- in accordance with Article 77 GDPR to lodge a complaint with the competent data protection authority if you consider that the processing of the personal data which we connect when you visit our website infringes your right to informational self-determination. The Bavarian State Office for Data Protection Supervision (Bayerisches Landesamt für Datenschutzaufsicht, Promenade 18, 91522 Ansbach, www.lda.bayern.de) is the supervisory authority responsible for OEKA TECH Automotive GmbH.
- To the extent that your personal data is processed for the purposes of the legitimate interests set out in Article 6 Paragraph 1 Clause 1 lit. f GDPR, you have the right to object to the processing pursuant to Article 21 GDPR on grounds relating to your particular situation, or to the use of your data for direct marketing purposes. In the latter case you have a general right to objection without giving reasons based on a particular situation.
If you request information or access to data, or if you wish to object to the processing of your personal data, please contact our Data Protection Officer by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or feel free to use the contact information provided in the first paragraph.
We maintain up-to-date technical measures to ensure data security, in particular to protect your personal data from threats when transmitting data, as well as from third party access. These measures are constantly revised and adapted to the current state of the art.
Processing of Personal Data
Collection of Personal Data when Visiting our Website
General use of our website
If you choose to use our website for informative purposes only, i.e. without logging in for use, registering or transmitting any other information, we only collect the personal data which your browser transmits to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following data which are technically necessary for us to display our website to you and to guarantee stability and security. The legal basis for this is Article 6 Para. 1 s. 1 lit. f GDPR:
- IP address
- date and time of request
- time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- content of the request (specific page)
- access status/HTTP status code
- the amount of data transferred in each case
- the website from which the request was made
- the browser
- the operating system and its user interface
- the language and version of browser software.
You can configure your browser preferences according to your wishes. We would like to make you aware that blocking cookies will cause many features of this website not to work correctly.
Certain cookies which are necessary for technical reasons are stored in accordance with Article 6 Paragraph 1 lit. f GDPR. We a legitimate interest in the storage of cookies to ensure an optimized service provided free of technical errors. Any other cookies are only stored with your consent in accordance with Article 6 Paragraph 1 lit. a GDPR. You may withdraw your consent for future processing at any time.
Further Features of our Website
In addition to providing you with valuable information, we offer you various services on our website which you are free to use if interested. In this case, you are usually prompted to enter further personal data which we use to provide the corresponding service.
E-mail contact details
If you have any questions of any kind, please feel free to contact us via the e-mail address provided on this website. We will use the data you provide to respond to your inquiry.
We delete the data arising in this context after the storage is no longer necessary, or limit the processing if statutory retention obligations exist.
Data processing for the purpose of contacting us is carried out in accordance with Article 6 Paragraph 1 S. 1 lit. a GDPR on the basis of your voluntary consent.
With your consent you can register for our newsletter in order to obtain information on our current offers. The legal basis for this is Article 6 Paragraph1 lit. a GDPR. We use the so-called double opt-in procedure for subscriptions to our newsletter. This means that after receiving your registration, we will send you an e-mail containing an activation link. Click on this link to confirm that you wish to receive our newsletter. If you do not confirm, your registration will be automatically deleted.
If you confirm that you wish to receive our newsletter, we will store your e-mail address for as long as you are a subscriber.
In addition, we store your IP addresses and times of registration and confirmation. The purpose of this procedure is to provide evidence of your registration and detect any misuse of your personal data. To receive the newsletter, you must provide your e-mail address only. All other information is voluntary. The first and last names provided are used to personalize the newsletter.
You may withdraw your consent to receiving the newsletter and unsubscribe at any time.
To withdraw your consent, click on the link provided in the newsletter, or send us an e-mail to email@example.com, or send a message to the contact address stated in Chapter 1. We do not transfer the data you disclose to us to third parties.
Newsletter distribution via CleverReach
This website uses CleverReach for the sending of newsletters. The provider is: CleverReach GmbH & Co. KG, Mühlenstr. 43, D-26180 Rastede. CleverReach is a service for organizing the distribution of newsletters and for analytical purposes. The data you enter for receiving our newsletter (e.g. your e-mail address) is stored on CleverReach servers in Germany or Ireland.
CleverReach enables us to analyze the behavior of the newsletter recipients, including how many recipients have opened the newsletter message and how many times each link provided in the newsletter has been clicked. Furthermore, using conversion tracking, we can analyze whether a predefined activity (e.g. purchasing a product on our website) has been performed after clicking on the link in the newsletter. For more detailed information on data analysis via CleverReach, click: https://www.cleverreach.com/de/funktionen/reporting-und-tracking/.
We process your personal data on the basis of your consent (Article 6 Paragraph 1 lit. a GDPR). You may withdraw your consent at any time by unsubscribing from the newsletter. However, the withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of processing based on your consent before its withdrawal.
If you do not wish to allow data analysis via CleverReach, you must unsubscribe from the newsletter. To do this, you can click on the corresponding link provided in every newsletter message. Furthermore, you can unsubscribe from the newsletter directly on our website.
We will store your registration data for as long as you receive the newsletter and delete it from both our own servers and the CleverReach servers after you unsubscribe. However, data stored for other purposes with us (e.g. e-mail addresses for the members’ area) remain unaffected.
Cookie Consent with Borlabs Cookie
Our website uses the Borlabs cookie consent technology to obtain your consent to the storage of certain cookies in your browser and for their data privacy protection-compliant documentation. The provider of this technology is Borlabs – Benjamin A. Bornschein, Georg-Wilhelm-Str. 17, D-21107 Hamburg (hereinafter referred to as Borlabs).
Whenever you visit our website, a Borlabs cookie will be stored in your browser, which archives any consent or withdrawal of consent. This data is not shared with the Borlabs Cookie provider.
The data collected will remain stored until you request us to delete the Borlabs cookie or delete it yourself, or until the purpose for which the data was initially collected no longer exists (subject to statutory retention obligations). For more detailed information on data processing by Borlabs Cookie refer to https://de.borlParagraphio/kb/welche-daten-speichert-borlabs-cookie/
Use of Matomo (Formerly Piwik)
Provided that you have given your consent, this site uses the Matomo web analysis service of the following provider: InnoCraft Ltd., 150 Willis St, 6011 Wellington, New Zealand.
Matomo serves for evaluating user access activities on this website. The data collected includes: the Internet site from which a data subject has accessed our website (i.e. the so-called referrer), the sub-pages accessed, and/or how often and for what duration a sub-page was viewed. We use Matomo in order to analyze user activities and improve our website on a regular basis. The statistical information obtained helps us to improve our offering and adapt it to the interests of our users.
To enable this analysis, cookies are stored on your computer. The service provider stores the information collected in this way on its server in Germany only.
This website uses Matomo with the AnonymizeIP add-on. This ensures that IP addresses are truncated before being processed, making it impossible to trace them to a specific user. We do not merge the IP address transferred by your browser via Matomo with other data we collect.
To perform these processing steps, we require your express consent in accordance with Article 6 Paragraph 1 lit. a GDPR.
You may withdraw your consent for future processing at any time. To do this, go to the Cookie Settings and change your preferences.
Integrating Google Maps
We use Google Maps (API) from Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, on our website. Google Maps is a web service which shows interactive maps in order to visually represent geographical information. You can use this service, for example, to find out where we are and the most convenient way to reach us.
However, to perform these processing activities, we require your express consent in accordance with Article 6 Paragraph 1 lit. a GDPR.
If you have consented to the processing activity, Google will be notified that you have called up the corresponding sub-page of our website. This occurs regardless of whether Google provides a user account, through which you are logged in to, or whether no user account exists. When you are logged in to Google, your data is directly associated with your account.
If you do not wish to be linked with your Google profile, you must log out of Google before activating the button. Google stores your data as user profiles and uses it for advertising and market research purposes and/or for the demand-oriented design of its websites. Such an analysis is carried out in particular (even for users who are not logged in) to provide needs-based advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles. To exercise this right, please contact Google.
However, to perform these processing activities, we require your express consent in accordance with Article 6 Paragraph 1 lit. a GDPR.
Using Google Web Fonts
This website uses so-called web fonts provided by Google to ensure the uniform representation of fonts. When you call up a page, your browser loads the required web fonts into your browser cache to display texts and fonts correctly.
To do this, the browser you are using must connect to Google’s servers. This gives Google knowledge that our website has been accessed via your IP address. The use of Google web fonts is in the interest of a uniform and appealing presentation of our online offers. This is a legitimate interest in accordance with Article 6 Paragraph 1 lit. f GDPR.
If your browser does not support web fonts, the text will be displayed in your computer’s default font.
Social Media Profiles on LinkedIn and XING
We maintain a social media presence on LinkedIn and XING in order to communicate with the users registered on these platforms and keep them up to date on our products, services and latest news.
- LinkedIn (provider: LinkedIn Ireland Unlimited Company Wilton Place, Dublin 2, Ireland)
- XING (provider: XING SE, Dammtorstraße 30, D-20354 Hamburg, Germany)
Duration of Storage of Personal Data
We will process and store your data for as long as necessary for the purposes stated above, and in particular for the fulfillment of our contractual and legal obligations. We regularly delete personal data which is no longer required to fulfill these purposes and obligations, unless its further processing over a limited period of time is necessary for the following purposes:
- fulfillment of retention obligations imposed by commercial or fiscal law, and in particular the German Commercial Code (Handelsgesetzbuch) and the General Tax Code (Abgabenordnung). The retention and documentation periods set out in these codes are six to ten years;
- obtaining evidence within statutory limitation periods. In accordance with §§195 ff. of the German Civil Code (Bürgerliches Gesetzbuch, BGB), these limitation periods can be up to 30 years, whereby the regular limitation period is three (3) years.
Obligation to Provide Data
There is no statutory obligation to provide data.
You are, however, obliged to provide all the data which we require to execute an order and fulfill the relevant contractual obligations within the scope of a business relationship, as well as all the data which we must collect to comply with statutory obligations. We cannot conclude or execute a contract without this data.
Existence of an Automated Decision-Making Process Including Profiling
We have not implemented such a process.